Every Tuesday morning a new list appears on the internet and this is the top 10 singles for the Hip Hop/R&B Genre. Some entertainer’s whole career may rest on these numbers because they are in these top 10 slots because of the amount of money they made on album and ITunes sales for the last 7 days.
More and more Hip Hop has been mixed with the gentle rhythm of R&B. Add break-beat deejaying, turntablism, and lyricism and Hip Hop has become the music we hear today. Some call it Hip Hop/R&B; others just called it the beat so Hip Hop of today was born.
These lists also mention anything infamous that the entertainer might have said or done over the last week. The Top Ten List for 4/8 was released with the following beats:
10. Happy – Pharrell Williams – Taking Cee Lo Green seat as a judge on “The Voice”
Album: ‘G I R L’
It’s hard not to feel happy for Pharrell Williams. The ceaselessly boyish producer, 40, is presently reveling in career revitalization equal to Mariah Carey in 2005 or Bryan Cranston in 2008, developing after a recognized convincing career arch to star now in a stunning second act.
Pharrell Williams is joining “The Voice.” The NBC singing show made the announcement via Twitter on Monday.
Pharrell will exchange chairs with Cee Lo Green Judge for season 6, and then follow Cee Lo’s exit. “I’m not coming back, guys,” he told Ellen last month for an interview. “I don’t want to wear out my welcome there … I have so many other things that I want to do. I haven’t released an album in four years.”
9. All of Me –John Legend – Won the Starlight Award for Songwriting
Album: All of Me
“All ofMe” was written by Legend who is a contemporary R&B recording artist. This is from his fourth studio album “Love in the Future (2013)”. He first worked as a studio artist and songwriter and won the Starlight Award for Songwriting.
8. Talk Dirty – Jason Derulo Featuring 2 Chainz – Album Covers All the Same
Jason Derulo is an American singer plus song writer and he has released one of the single from his outstanding hits known as Talk Dirty recently. It is released as the second track of the album. It is included in his third studio album Tattoos. It got released on 7th January 2014. All his covers are the same!
The song is said to be a great hit by most of the music critics and they say that it is going to rock the world. It gives a pleasure to the ears of the listener if it is heard with full devotion.
7. The Man sung by Aloe Blac — Song ‘Wake Me up’ which was co-written with Swedish DJ , Avicii hit big also– then with Blac on vocals, that song became #1 in 103 countries and became the fastest single ever selling in the UK, selling 267,000 copies in only its first week.
Album: “Lift Your Spirit”
‘The Man’ sung by Aloe Blacc, who also had co-hits with Avicii’s ‘Wake Me Up,’ and ‘I Need a Dollar’ talks to reporters about songwriting for charity before Coachella Art and Music Festival.
6. Loyal – Chris Brown – Court moving ahead after judge declines to dismiss – in abuse case.
Album: Not release X (2014)
Song by American singer Chris Brown released as the fourth single from his upcoming sixth studio album X (2014).
News on Chris Brown Assault Case – Moves ahead when judge refuses to dismiss. Chris Brown has a problem with abusing his girlfriend.
5. Show Me – Kid Ink Featuring Chris Brown album is very explicit. Critics say that this single has a wonderful tone and should be a big hit.
Album: Show Me
4. Drunk in Love – Beyonce Featuring Jay Z – This is a visual album which features videos and music.
“I see music,” Beyoncé said in a video on her Facebook page, dubbed “Self-Titled, Part 1,” just minutes after her surprise announcement of “Beyoncé,” her fifth album. “It’s more than just what I hear. When I’m connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion, a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they’re all connected to the music.”
3. Na Na -Trey Songz – Trey when to Spring Break in Cancun and was a hit!
Trey Songz turned up the heat in the sun and water with songs like “Na Na” and “Say Aah” at MTVU’s Spring Break events in Cancun recently.
2. The Monster – Eminem Featuring Rihanna – this can be seen and heard on the internet for free!
Watch the video or listen to Eminem – The Monster (feat. Rihanna) for free. “The Monster” is a song written by American rapper Eminem from his eighth studio album. On Saturday the 5th, the rapper from Detroit tweeted, “Spike came out to The D for the ‘Headlights’ video… Coming soon.” The tweet was linking back to an Instagram photo of the pair.
1. Partition – Beyonce – This is from Beyonce fifth album – second hit single from her visual CD.
Beyonce, Beyonce: Track-By-Track Review
“I see music,” Beyoncé said in a video on her Facebook page, dubbed “Self-Titled, Part 1,” just minutes after her surprise announcement of “Beyoncé,” her fifth album. “It’s more than just what I hear.
This is the Top Ten Hip-Hop/R&B for the Week of April 7th 14th. These numbers also are used to figure out the money that each song made through retail sales as well as iTunes on the internet. These are the numbers that are also kept for Gold, Silver, Diamond, and Platinum for number of sales.